If you can answer yes to 5 or more of these symptoms then you may be suffering with stress:
- Obesity and Overeating
- Increased or excessive drinking of alcohol
- Loss of appetite
- If you smoke – you’ll smoke more
- Increased coffee consumption
- Excessive and continuing irritability with other people
- Substance Abuse
- You can’t make decisions, large or small.
- Unable to concentrate
- Increased and suppressed anger
- Not be able to cope with life, feeling out of control
- Jump from one job to another without finishing things
- Excessive emotion & crying at small irritations
- Lack of interest in anything other than work
- Permanently tired even after sleep
- Decreased libido
- Stress can cause nail biting
Modern living can be hectic! Careers, children, child care, appointments, relationship issues, bills, finances, worries about redundancy, meeting targets, traffic jams and trying to fit in “me time” and fun. Just meeting what is required of us on a daily basis can be a challenge.
So when major pressures such as redundancy, marriage or relationship breakdown, bereavement, caring for sick or elderly relatives, house moves, and retirement occurs it can really take its toll on our health, wellbeing and ability to cope.
There is a very clear link between mind and body, anxiety in one will cause anxiety in the other. Occasional stress won’t harm us too much; it’s quite helpful at times. However, prolonged exposure to stress can harm our health, relationships, work and overall quality of life.
Using a combination of Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy, NLP, Mindfulness and EFT:
- Understand your body’s response to stress
- Identify the causes of your stress
- Eliminate or reduce the stress that you have control over
- Manage the stress that you cannot control